Activities

Log your activity

Choose how you want to log this activity.

I recently applied for a position at Deloitte that was posted on August 26th. Even though I felt it might be too late to hear back due to the time elapsed, I decided to go for it because the job description and qualifications matched my skills perfectly. This is the first job I’ve applied to that I genuinely want, rather than just applying for the sake of it. I tailored my resume and cover letter specifically for this role, hoping to stand out. I know that the hiring process can be unpredictable, so I'm trying to stay hopeful while I continue my job search.

Company: Deloitte

Job title: N/A

0 2

Loading comments…

Comments

I'm currently a full-time firefighter at a city department, working ten 24-hour shifts each month. Unfortunately, my salary barely covers the bills, leaving no room for luxuries. With my kids heading off to college, I've had to take out two PLUS loans to help finance their education. I hold a degree in finance and have experience as a general accountant, along with over 20 years in the restaurant industry. I'm seeking suggestions for a remote job that I can manage during my days off and downtime at the station. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

0 0

Loading comments…

Comments

I recently accepted a backup offer just an hour before I received an offer for my dream job. Now I'm in a dilemma about whether to withdraw from the backup position or stick with it. The backup job offers $50K, and it feels like an easy option since I just have to wait. However, I’m considering using the dream job offer as leverage to negotiate a better deal or possibly even canceling the backup job altogether. I know that nothing is set in stone until I sign, but I really want to make the right choice.

0 1

Loading comments…

Comments

I am a 27-year-old female who has been unemployed since June 2026. My last role was in branding at an agency, and since then, I have been actively applying for jobs but haven't received any responses. I'm reaching out for advice on my CV and would appreciate any feedback, especially from someone with an employer's perspective. Thank you!

0 1

Loading comments…

Comments

I'm currently on the job hunt and feeling a bit panicked because I need to find work quickly due to personal reasons. I'm based in the Kansas City area and I'm looking for entry-level positions that are always hiring. I've heard that warehouses, schools (like substitute teaching), and nursing homes are good options. Specifically, I've been considering roles like package handlers for third-party contractors or factory work since many of these places have ongoing staffing needs, especially for second and third shifts. I've also heard that places like Walmart and urgent care facilities are consistently looking for staff. Any advice or leads would be greatly appreciated!

0 7

Loading comments…

Comments

I had an interview at Captain D's yesterday, and I'm feeling really eager and anxious to hear back from them. I'm trying to figure out how long it typically takes to get a response after the interview. I've seen mixed opinions online, with some saying it could be anywhere from an hour to an indefinite time. One person suggested waiting about four days before reaching out if I don't hear anything, while another mentioned it could take up to a week. I'm just hoping for a quick response!

Company: Captain D's

Job title: N/A

Mixed signals
0 2

Loading comments…

Comments

I'm currently weighing two job offers and feeling quite anxious about making the right choice. The first offer is from a mid-sized consumer goods company for a Senior Financial Analyst role in Supply Chain, with a base salary of $105,000 plus a 10% target bonus, which could bring in an additional $10,500. The work setup is remote with optional office visits, and the role focuses on supply chain and operational FP&A, which I find appealing. The benefits are solid, including comprehensive health coverage, a generous 401(k) match with a quick vesting schedule, and 17 vacation days plus sick leave and holidays. The second offer is from a global market data and analytics firm for a Senior Pricing Analyst role, offering a base of $100,000 with a 5% bonus. However, they are currently not offering any bonus for 2026 due to their cutoff, and the first merit raise isn't until late 2027. This role is also remote but involves a rush to onboard me due to urgent deliverables, which raises concerns about work-life balance. While the benefits are decent, they don't compare to the first offer, especially in terms of the 401(k) vesting schedule and overall cash value. My dilemma revolves around the higher pay and better work-life balance of the first offer versus the potential career pivot into commercial pricing with the second offer. I'm feeling a bit burnt out on traditional FP&A work and am tempted to go with the first offer for the immediate financial security and better overall package. I would appreciate any thoughts or reality checks on this decision!

0 1

Loading comments…

Comments

I started working as a sales assistant for a fashion brand in June, but I've been feeling overwhelmed and unhappy in this role. It's been less than three months, and the stress and anxiety from the job are affecting my health and school performance. Although the team is nice, the low pay and high demands just aren't worth it for me. My family is concerned about me quitting so soon, worrying it might look bad on my resume and impact future job opportunities. However, I'm financially stable for the next two years, and I don't want to stay in a job that I dislike just for the sake of appearances. I'm torn between the fear of quitting and the desire to prioritize my well-being. How foolish would it be to leave this job after such a short time?

Job title: sales assistant

0 0

Loading comments…

Comments

I recently came across a job posting for a Graphic Designer position at Kinder's Seasonings & Sauces on LinkedIn. After doing some research, I discovered that this position seems to be a ghost posting. They've been reposting the same job for at least two years without responding to any applications or inquiries. I even tried calling their office, but it turns out there's no one there. It's frustrating to see companies like this playing games with job seekers. Just wanted to share this experience as a warning for others looking to apply.

Company: Kinder's Seasonings & Sauces

Job title: Graphic Designer

Ghost Unresponsive Scam
0 0

Loading comments…

Comments

I’ve been feeling increasingly uncomfortable at my office job for the past two years. I’m 27 and work with three others: Marissa (42F), Carl (47M), and Stuart (62M). The main issue is Carl, who is the office manager and has a misogynistic attitude. He often makes inappropriate comments and flexes his muscles in front of me, asking if I like it, which I obviously don’t. He seems to think he’s attractive and has a chance with me, despite my clear disinterest. His behavior is annoying and makes me dread going to work. I don’t mind the job itself, but Carl’s presence and comments really diminish my motivation. I’ve considered leaving, but I don’t have another job lined up and need the income since I live alone. I feel conflicted about leaving just because of his attitude, but it genuinely makes me uncomfortable. Talking to Stuart about it isn’t an option because he’s close with Carl and wouldn’t take my concerns seriously. I’m stuck and unsure of what to do next.

0 0

Loading comments…

Comments

I'm currently on the job hunt and really need some assistance. I have education loans to pay off and family responsibilities that make finding work a top priority for me. I'm reaching out to see if anyone has any job opportunities, referrals, or leads they could share. I’m more than willing to send over my resume for any relevant positions. I appreciate any support you can offer during this challenging time.

0 2

Loading comments…

Comments

I've been actively searching for a new job for about a year now after I was laid off from my previous position. I took a low-paying job to make ends meet, but I'm really looking to switch back to something that aligns more with my skills and experience. Lately, I've noticed a significant drop in job postings over the last couple of months compared to the first half of the year. It seems like companies are holding back, possibly waiting for the midterm election results here in the US. Has anyone else experienced this? I feel like the job market is in a bit of a slump, and it's frustrating trying to navigate this uncertainty.

0 4

Loading comments…

Comments

I wanted to share my brother's situation as he has been out of work since March due to a back and neck injury. He worked at a well-known restaurant for many years, but after he hurt himself, he initially went on FMLA. Once that expired, he was laid off. He thought he could apply for unemployment, but he learned that you can't collect unemployment if you're unable to work. Currently, he's waiting for Saga to decide on his social security disability claim, but it’s been tough since he hasn't earned any money since March, and the bills keep piling up. I'm feeling the pressure for him and I'm not sure if he made the right choices along the way, like whether he should have pursued worker’s compensation instead. I'm reaching out to see if anyone has advice on what he should do next. Any help would be appreciated.

0 2

Loading comments…

Comments

I recently went through the job application process for a position that I was really excited about. After applying, I was pleased to receive positive feedback and was asked to complete three tests, which I passed. I then provided two references and went through an interview that seemed to go well. They even invited me for a second interview. However, during this time, I received another job offer and, after some consideration, I decided to decline the first opportunity in favor of the new role. Unfortunately, the second job turned out to be misleading about the compensation, which has left me feeling frustrated. Now, I'm contemplating reaching out to the recruiter for the first job to see if I can reapply. I already have the recruiter's email, but I'm unsure how they might react to my change of heart. I would appreciate any advice on whether I should go ahead and apply again.

0 1

Loading comments…

Comments

I recently had an interview scheduled with my dream company, but I found myself in a tough spot. Due to unforeseen personal circumstances, I realized that I can't accept a job offer if it comes through, especially since it would require a 2+ year commitment. I genuinely want to work for them in the future, but things have changed since I applied. I’m worried about how to handle this situation without burning bridges. I considered canceling the interview altogether, but I also want to express my gratitude for the opportunity. I’ve read that declining an offer, even before it’s made, could leave a negative impression. I’m torn between wanting to maintain a good relationship with the company and being honest about my current situation.

0 7

Loading comments…

Comments

I'm currently weighing a decision about whether to leave my job as a Senior Accountant at a single-owner private company for a new opportunity at a public company. My current role has been stable, with the company being profitable for the last five years and experiencing revenue growth of about 10-25% annually. I earn $90k, have a 3% RRSP match, and get two weeks of vacation, but there are no bonuses. I also have a one-hour commute each way, which is quite taxing. The new position offers a base salary of $97k, a potential 10% annual bonus, and three weeks of vacation, plus ten sick days. The commute would be shorter at about 30 minutes, and it allows for a hybrid work model after three months. However, the new company operates in a cyclical industry and has only been profitable in three of the last six years, with a history of layoffs, which raises concerns about its stability. While the benefits of the new job are appealing, including a higher salary and more time off, I'm worried about leaving a stable environment for one that seems more uncertain. I'm looking for advice on whether the potential benefits outweigh the risks and if transitioning from a stable private company to a larger public one is generally seen as a good move for an accountant.

0 2

Loading comments…

Comments

It's been exactly one month since I was laid off from my role at Microsoft IDC, and the stress is really starting to take its toll. I've submitted over 400 applications but have only received one interview call so far. I've tried various platforms like Instahyre and Naukri, as well as leveraging referrals and cold messaging on LinkedIn, but nothing seems to be working. I thought that with over six years of experience and the Microsoft name on my resume, it would be easier to land interviews, but that hasn't been the case. If anyone has recently secured a position, I would love to hear how you got that initial interview call. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Company: Microsoft IDC

Job title: N/A

0 8

Loading comments…

Comments

I’m currently in the final stages of the hiring process for a new role, and I’m feeling a bit anxious. The last interviewer mentioned that a decision would be made by the end of the week, but I have a two-week vacation planned right after that. I’m not sure how to handle it if I receive an offer. I want to maintain a good relationship with my current employer, but I also don’t want to miss out on this opportunity. Should I be upfront with the new employer about my vacation and let them know I’d need a month before I could start, or should I resign before I leave for vacation, risking the chance of being let go immediately? It feels like a tough decision. Has anyone else faced a similar situation? What did you do?

0 1

Loading comments…

Comments

I recently experienced a shocking turn of events at my job. I was working at a private practice that was in the process of being acquired by a larger company. After the acquisition announcement, we had a meeting with the new director who promised us a substantial signing bonus and contracts for every employee. However, during my one-on-one meeting with HR and the director, I was told that my position would not exist in the new organization. They offered me two alternative roles that matched my experience and responsibilities. Just a week later, I received an email stating that one of those positions was no longer available. When I inquired about the other role, I got a curt and somewhat rude response. I decided to wait it out, hoping for clarity. Last week, while my coworkers were sent links to apply for positions, I received an email informing me that the other position had already been filled. It became clear to me that I would likely be let go, as there were no open positions for me anymore. I approached the new director about my situation, but she had nothing more to say than a vague, "oh no!" I have since requested a meeting with her and the HR manager, which is scheduled for tomorrow. I've discussed this with friends, coworkers, and my partner, and we all feel that it’s incredibly unfair for them to have filled the role after initially indicating they would hire me. Being laid off was never part of my plan, especially since I’m starting a master’s program next month and in the midst of moving. I’m trying to remain neutral going into this meeting, but I can’t help but feel angry, frustrated, and scared about what’s next.

0 6

Loading comments…

Comments

I recently lost my job at a local publishing house where I worked as an administrative assistant after graduating with my MSc in engineering. I took the position in November 2024, viewing it as a temporary role while I searched for something more aligned with my qualifications. The owner of the company was an 88-year-old man who struggled with basic technology and had unrealistic expectations of our work. He often made vague requests and was resistant to any suggestions for improvement, even when our productivity increased significantly. The incident that led to my dismissal involved a paper submitted by a professor who was a long-time friend of the owner. I rejected the paper because it didn't fit the journal's scope, which was focused on engineering, and the paper was overly theoretical without the necessary sections. This rejection upset the owner, who insisted that I forward the paper to him, but I couldn't because it had been automatically removed from our system. Despite my explanations, he ultimately decided to fire me on the spot, stating that he had no choice due to the relationship with the professor. It's frustrating to have lost my job over a decision I believed was in line with our editorial standards.

Job title: administrative assistant

0 2

Loading comments…

Comments